Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Memorial Day
Dear Veterans,
I remember about 3 weeks agostanding in front of the Vietnam Memorial where I viewed at least 58,000 names of your colleagues who perished in the war. Memorial Day is known for barbeques and sales. I won't lie my family and I are barbequeing and takin the day off. In the past I have seen Memorial Day as just a day off. However, now that I am older and more mature I understand the importance of Memorial Day. It is a day that I will personally appreciate the sacrifice that soldiers have given their lifes for. The fact that you fought and many perished in order to give America freedom is overwhemling. Because I understand your great sacrifice, in the future I will not take this day for granted. Memorial Day is definetly a day that individuals should not take for granted. I want to personally thank-you for your contribution in the war in order to fight for America!
- Alana Allen

1 comment:

Taft - AMERICANHISTORY RULES! said...

These are awesoem thoughts, Alana! Thanks for such a great year - you rule!